Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What I have been up to

Dear ex-coworkers,

I know once I quit my job at the agency that you looked toward the blog to provide you a glimpse into how I have been and what I will be doing when my time is spent outside of that quasi-cubicle that allowed you to keep an eye on me.

My writing has been sucking since I quit my job, and I don't know why. Maybe it is because my writing comes from the frustration of my pent up creative voice? Or maybe it is because I have been doing many other things, besides writing--today I spent at the beach and last night an evening of innocent coffee turned into drinking a bottle of wine, by myself.

Anyway, my book writing is coming. Not very well or very fluid, but it is coming. And it is great running around telling people that I am off to Oxford in the fall and am taking time off to write--I sound very smart and important. Almost too good because it is distracting from the finished product.

But I am exhausted at the moment, so I am off to bed so I can make my early morning run tomorrow.

Who knew doing nothing could leave a gal this tired at the end of the day?

Hugs and Kisses,
Shannon

PS I figured that only my old co-workers are reading now since I have bored most of my readers.

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger petey said...

when are you coming to oxford???

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Ally said...

I'm still reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home