Sunday, January 29, 2006

PMS and Wishing I Wasn't a Woman

Dear G-d,

Please, give me my period ASAP. I sit here on the couch, wallowing in self-pity, panicking over grad school apps, and feeling horribly bloated and achey. My breasts are so swollen I am about to fly myself over to Africa and nurse the famine stricken children with the trapped excess fluid.

Last night's festivities included premptive super market shopping for chocolate and tampons in my sweats. You might as well put a huge sign on my forehead that read: "Expecting period right now."

Much love,
Shannon

PS: I love reading how people perceive me as indicated here and here.

4 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Corinne said...

that extra fluid stuff is pretty graphically disgusting shan nay nay. though i sympathize. i often wonder if a real curse to men would be to give them boobs and not just 'that time of the month' syndrome. let them live with these appendages.
c

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! Blog love :) you know I didn't really want to put down as the alcoholic ahaha. I was going for this effect but anyways I couldn't think of a single word to describe your blog. Le sigh. Rock on :)

- Martin

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger AWE said...

Sorry I can't help with the PMS thing, I really don't have a right to comment on it.

But seeing people write about you is cool. Seeing this, I think I will write a post about the bloggers I enjoy and tell why.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger fastbacker said...

Hey I'm in the middle of grad school apps too - what prgram?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home