Thursday, September 07, 2006

Another hurdle

I went to book my one way flight on orbitz, and in this world of heightened security, my flight needs to be confirmed by the airline.

So, I am flight-less as I wait for Virgin to confirm that I am not a terrorist.

On that note, let me share a funny story in Shannon history that makes me smile when I think of Virgin Atlantic:

As we all know I have a small fear of flying. The only way I can get onto a plane is if I have a bit of liquid courage. A few years back, when I was still a virgin (not the plane but hymenly challenged), and meeting a few friends for a trip around Europe, I met a bloke in the waiting area. As our flight was delayed, we decided to pass the time at the bar where we got LOADED. As luck would have it, we saw that we were sitting a few rows away from each other.

When we boarded the airplane, we asked a woman to switch seats so we could sit next to each other, to continue the conversation. We order more drinks and continue to chat. The lights in the cabin grow dim, and we are getting drunker. He puts a blanket over us and starts to lightly touch my leg. Now, I could say that I had no idea, but that would be bullshit. I wanted to see how far it would go. His hand moves up to my breast, and he begins to kiss me. Between sips of our vodka tonics, his hand ventures into my pants and he feels that I have a brazillian.

He invites me into the bathroom to join him and the mile high club. I turn him down. I was a virgin and didn't feel like losing my virginity over a toilet at 37,000 ft. He went to the bathroom, and waited for me. And returned all disapointed. I fell asleep with my head in his lap shortly after he returned to his seat.

It was one of the biggest regrets of my life. I mean, how fucking poetic would that have been? Losing my virginity on Virgin Atlantic...But that wasn't the only time I've been invited to join the mile high club.

Let's hope this trip will have the same luck.

4 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Diarrhea of the Mouth said...

never been a mbm of the high mile club but i think i like to be. maybe when i go to canada for new years eve i will meet some nice guy and he will invite me to the high mile club. ohh the things a girl can dream about.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people have no imagination...fuggem.

Look for SSSS on your boarding pass. That's an invitation to the VIP section of security, where they do everything but take urine samples. I'd get to the airport an extra hour early, just in case. And if you don't get the special one-way ticket treatment, you can hit the bar and...

BTW, I'm fully impressed about the Oxford deal, and stop sweating everything. You'll kick ass.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger corrie said...

Christ! You totally gave me whatever the girl version of blue balls is. That could have been the hottest story ever. (Yea, I need to get laid.)

I really hope hottness boards your plane... I'm crossing my legs.

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait shannon, a brazilian while still a virgin? maybe i am just too old. cheapest one way flights are on air india i think, they really dont give a shit about return tickets. and well, i am a member of the mile high club, but i shamefully admit, it might have been the quickest i have ever came.....and i can cum quickly when need be. really, a tight small bathroom, someone banging on door, and a petite girl, made for about 15 seconds of fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home