Friday, September 08, 2006

Or maybe...

Maybe, the reason I've had nothing to write is because it is the end of this story. The character has become developed, she found her purpose, gave up her drinking and self-exploitative ways, and has settled down.

We had the climax of the story at the height of my depression/hating my job/applying to Oxford, and now we have resolution. I got in, am in the midst of preparing for my degree. My life reflects this contentment now. My indulgence at the moment is cheap wine (bottles under $15), BYOB restaurants, and my stripper class. My move to the UWS has cemented my lameness.

So once a story ends, it's time to begin a new one. Much like replacing the book on your night stand once you finish it. Keep an eye out for my new blog addy about being a Drunk and Single Girl at Oxford.

5 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger B to the... said...

Or...

Drunk and Single visiting Milwaukee drinking $10 bottles of vodka and $5 pitchers of beer sitting on the deck of some accounting dudes house for the weekend...

Might be a little long for a book title but it would still be fun.

Don't stress too much. You'll be fine.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

But you can't give up your drinking and self-exploitation until you come visit me in Berlin and haul me out of my shell (and my Fulbright-induced hermitude [is that a word?]).

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gave up drinking? hehe, except for cheap wine that is....but really, cheap wine is boones farm and mad dog 20/20 or is it 40/40? i forget, but there are a lot of good wines, that are "inexpensive" for under $15. but no longer for you in england, maybe 10 pounds?

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh, I love a hopeful, if not happy ending. You think you are more interesting as a drunk, but you would likely end up dead. I'm just a stranger and so-not-worth that kind of sacrifice just to entertain me. All the best to you in Britain.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Jefferson said...

You've given us a great run in this chapter.

I'll lick my finger and wait to turn the page to the next.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home