Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Like a neglectful mother, I only realize how much I love this city when I leave for anything longer than a weekend. I couldn't stop talking about NYC and on more than one occasion referred to it as "the Center of the Universe". Which, if you have lived here, it totally fucking is. Give me my $2.00 bagel with eggs, sausage, and cheese to cure my hangover, the cheap taxis to chauffeur my drunk ass and my subways that smell like urine, and I am home.

However, I have to admit, I adore London. Well maybe its because when I go I stay in South Kensington, drink champagne and sleep until noon and look a lot hotter than the average English girl? But if you are an English girl reader, I am sure that you are much much hotter than your brethren. Please continue to read and pass this along to your friends :) But yea, I really like London. Now if you people only had sunlight over there.

And yes, I am back at work. Easy day since my 12 bosses are out doing client things. And I have to send thank you letters to the dept at the Ox. But yea, London was amazing. Thanks to this girl for hosting my ass.

Well, I am fucking exhausted right now. Back to IMing my friends and listening to Simon and Garfunkle. Will post more tonight.

PS. Uhm, can I say how much I love my readers?! Thanks for the well wishes and offers to take me to Anabel's. I'll prob be over there in a few months anyway. I have a small addiction to London.

5 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, i couldn't agree more. i was in london about a month ago (also staying in south ken, ironically) and the whole time i just couldn't stop comparing london to new york and talking about how in love i am with new york, how amazing it is, etc etc. i'm sure everyone, including my wonderful friend who played hostess, thought i was so annoying. but what can you do, new york clearly is the best city in the world. really enjoy your blog!

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am a big fan of london ...

but the food sucks ...

champagne in kensington ... what is up with that?

how about a pint anywhere inside the circle line

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger petey said...

bleurgh. London is so the better city ;-) was nice to have you stay (sorry for the stressedness)

xpx

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And at least this one reader loves you back!

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me New York but with British food anyday. My perfect combo.. Welcome back !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home