Monday, July 17, 2006

Getting my God smack

Readers,

Did any of you Google the exchange rate from US dollars to British pounds?

$1.831 PER FUCKING POUND.

In layman's terms: my one dollar is equal to .55 over there. So imagine NYC prices, but attach a pound sign.

I am mortgaging my future. I am mortgaging myself. After this whole thing, I will be an additional $40K in debt, in addition to my undergrad loans. And all I will have to show for it is another degree, pushed to the back of my closet and another notch added to my educational pedigree. Down girl, heel, stay, and try not to scare people off with your leftist opinions.

Off to Long Island today to go over student loan information with mommy and try to understand all the different ways that the federal government and private lenders will allow me to go into debt. YEA!!

If I don't meet my Oxford husband, I am going to be one poor angry girl, emphasis on poor people. And congratulations to my dearest friend Pete who got into Cambridge. Now I can tear up two prestigious schools and develop a reputation with all of the Eton boys! I mean, someone of the landed gentry must find a busty red head with the slightest long island accent only when she drinks sexy?

Maybe I was to quick to dismiss the boy from Wisconsin, I mean, didn't someone say that he owned his own home?

4 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger B to the... said...

You didn't diss me (or did you?). Just had a busy weekend. Putting a deck on the back of the home this week, and it's 95 degrees here, what that... Not exactly sure that paying something off in 20 years is really owning it, I think the bank would have a different opinion.

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wisconsin is a good place to be. Same seasons pretty muc as N.Y. and if u make 60-70k per year you can own a nice 3 bedroom.2 bath place and your upper middle class! not to mention u can park 4 free and have a good meal for 2 with drinks for less than a Franklin. Don't diss the midwest...

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

But you'd still be in Wisconsin.

(Hey, I'm from Ohio, and yeah, I've been to Wisconsin.)

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stick with the Oxford prospects. They are promising and it is far more exciting and prestigous to have an Oxford stalker than a Wisconsin stalker. boring

 

Post a Comment

<< Home