Tuesday, July 04, 2006

LI how I love/loathe thee

There is something incredibly satisfying coming back to LI. With my bright orange overnight bag in tow, ostintaseious prada emblum on my bag, I'm ready to descend upon the place that I loathed growing up but now, as a semi-adult, find some peace and tranquility once I see my tree lined street. Once again, I slept for fourteen hours. It seems I can sleep anywhere except in NYC unless someone is next to me in the bed. I wonder how grad school will work out.

Last night went to the Croxley in Franklin Square with a few old friends and realized just how much I love beer and wings. Wings and beer are great, don't get me wrong, but its the communnal nature of the wings that makes it one of my favorite meals. There are no elbows off of the table or other rules of dining room table decorum that we grew up with, we all look like six month old children learning to eat for the first time with the sauce over our hands and faces.

And of course, we were all yawning by midnight.

What the fuck is it with my friends who are passing their 25th birthdays??

2 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger B to the... said...

Ooooo, beer and wings, is there a better combo out there? Only problem is you have to eat them with friends, don't think they'd work too well on a first date.

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Croxley's GOOD! lol Just passed by your site was reading a few entries and can relate alot. And as for them not working well on a first date...i disagree....if you can find romance with wing sauce all over ya....kismet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home